by: Candice Keast
Hello my fellow Live Green Beans!
Summer has officially started - the weather is hot, the lake is cool, the streets are bustling - and there's plastic litter everywhere.
Fortunately, Plastic Free July is here and Live Green Toronto has launched a city-wide campaign to help YOU go single-use plastic-free at lunch! Take our "Refuse Single-use Plastics at Lunch" pledge for a chance to win a $250 VISA gift card or a Live Green Toronto Go Plastic-Free swag bag.
Plastic Free July encourages you to go plastic free all day, every day in the month of July - but we know this is no easy feat. Refusing single-use plastic at lunch is a great first step!
This is how we do it
1. BYOL: Bring your own lunch
2. #BYOC: Bring your own container. Many food court and restaurant vendors will allow you to bring your own container when you are getting take-out. None of them promote or advertise this but all you need to do is ask. Some will even give you a small discount.
3. BYOM: Bring your own mug. Refuse disposable coffee cups for your morning and afternoon pick-me-ups!
Let's break the plastic cycle together:
- Take the pledge at livegreentoronto.ca
- Follow us on social for tips and tricks for going plastic-free and
- Share your journey with us! @LiveGreenTO #BYOC #PlasticFreeJuly2019